Friday, December 28, 2007

Jonn Serrie "Ixlandia", Schiller "Leben", Brian Eno and David Byrne "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts", Biosphere "Patashnik"

JONN SERRIE - IXLANDIA

Jonn Serrie - Ixlandia
Year: 1995


1.Ixlandia [5:13]9.1 Mb
2.Blue Lumia [4:12]7.5 Mb
3.Night Orchid [4:51]8.4 Mb
4.Le Tresor [4:40]8.8 Mb
5.The Century Princess [9:13]15.5 Mb
6.Startport Indra [7:42]13.8 Mb
7.The Tachyon Directive [7:58]13.5 Mb
8.Welcome Home [9:03]16.1 Mb

Jonn Serrie "Ixlandia" Album Review

Speed of Light
I've read some very good and very bad reviews of Ixlandia. It follows the "Midsummer Century" formula so to speak. It begins with soft jazzy music then takes off into space. You need a stereo that will handle high volume for a song like "The Tachyon Directive". You need the right time and place to appreciate this CD. Alone, inside a dark house, on a quiet night, with the volume up high. Now listen to "Tachyon Directive". If you don't think the sound is awesome then this CD is not for you.






SCHILLER - LEBEN

Schiller - Leben
Year: 2004


1.Leben (mix) [71:47]103.4 Mb
2.Ive Seen it All (Schill out version) [5:10]7.4 Mb
3.Vielklang [6:10]8.8 Mb
4.Delicately Yours (remix version) [4:50]6.9 Mb
5.Laos [4:26]6.3 Mb
6.Einklang (B and Vd remix) [5:51]8.4 Mb

Schiller "Leben" Album Review

One of the best CDs EVER made.
This CD, along with "Weltreise" -or Voyage, as you like to translate it- and "Live (Er) Leben" is one of the best CDs ever pressed so far.
Not only the music -which is unbelievable- but the lyrics, the melodies, everything.

I find it hard to describe how wonderfull this CD is. "Leben... I Feel You..." can give meshivers all down my spine. When in hear the intro "Der Anfang | Guten Abend!" I can feel my head's spinning into the most happiest of all the whirpools it might ever be.

Schiller is for me, my new favorite. It's for me what once was Enigma, or Vangelis, or Secret Garden.
I still like and listen to other music (nowadays too much too Jazz and Bossa Nova) but, I can be all day listening to Schiller without even noticing that it's the same CD over and over.

So, my final advice is, BUY ALL SCHILLER YOU CAN. Even here or in amazon.de, but get all CDs! (and, if you can afford it, I trully recommend the German editions).

Video I feel you ... Leben - Schiller

"I feel you" video from Schiller. I love this song...






BRIAN ENO AND DAVID BYRNE - MY LIFE IN THE BUSH OF GHOSTS

Brian Eno and David Byrne - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
Year: 2004


1.Interview [3:07]3.9 Mb
2.Mea Culpa [5:03]8.9 Mb
3.Into the Spirit Womb [6:18]9.5 Mb
4.Regiment [4:26]6.7 Mb
5.The Friends of Amos Tutuola [2:05]2.9 Mb
6.America is Waiting [3:47]5.8 Mb
7.The Carrier [4:28]6.7 Mb
8.Very Very Hungry [3:28]5.3 Mb
9.On the Way to Zagora [2:46]4.3 Mb
10.Les Hommes Ne Sauront Jamais [3:38]5.6 Mb
11.A Secret Life [2:37]3.9 Mb
12.Come with us [2:43]4.1 Mb
13.Mountain of Needles [2:44]3.8 Mb

Brian Eno and David Byrne "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" Album Review

A favorite album made even better.
I purchased "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" when it came out on vinyl in 1981. I first heard it at a party and was immediately drawn to it. At the time, it was one of the most innovative albums I had heard. I have probably played this album more times than I have played any other; it is burned into my brain. When it was eventually released on CD in the late 1980's, the sounds was somewhat cleaner (no vinyl crackle and pops), and overall sounded much like the original vinyl. That release added "Very Very Hungry" as the last cut, which was not on the original vinyl. An interesting note is that Qur'an was still cut #6 on that release, and it was later self-censored on the 1990 CD release, and on this new remastered CD. "Very Very Hungry" was moved to cut #6 to replace Qur'an.

This remastered edition has remarkably better sound quality. It is a real pleasure to hear one of my favorite albums sound even better after all these year. As others have noted, some of the songs have a few short sections restored, and there are 7 new cuts. The new cuts are interesting historically, but perhaps since I know the old album so well, the new cuts seem disconnected from the rest of the album.

The included booklet includes many pictures and details about the production of the album which were not in any previous edition. The whole package is a great re-release.

Video Brian Eno & David Byrne - Mea Culpa

Video for Brian Eno & David Byrne's Mea Culpa from their early 80's album "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts." Apparently this entire album and video is under Creative Commons license.






BIOSPHERE - PATASHNIK

1.Phantasm [4:50]6.9 Mb
2.Startoucher [5:02]7.2 Mb
3.Decryption [6:02]8.7 Mb
4.Novelty Waves [6:26]9.2 Mb
5.Patashnik [6:12]8.9 Mb
6.Mir [5:17]7.5 Mb
7.The Shield [8:53]12.8 Mb
8.Seti Project [5:57]8.5 Mb
9.Mestigoth [1:42]2.4 Mb
10.Botanical Dimensions [5:42]8.2 Mb
11.Caboose [5:11]7.4 Mb
12.En-Trance [4:39]6.7 Mb

Biosphere "Patashnik" Album Review

A Midwinter Day Dream
This is a great CD. I just heard it for the first time on Saturday afternoon as I laid down staring at the reflection of the nearby buildings shadow grow more ominent to the sounds of each track. It will take you on a wonderful trip. However, it did make my blood pressure slightly go down the first time I heard it.






No comments: